Church History

Faith Worship Center was established in Pittsburg, California under the pastorate of Anthony E. and Leah L. Blackman in January 1989. The ministry was not simply a matter of occupying a building and having church services on Sunday, but rather was an outgrowth from a weekly Bible Study in 1986 held in the Pittsburg home of Pastor Blackman’s parents, Benjamin and Bessie Blackman.

There were so many people who steadily streamed through the Blackman home that they began giving offerings which paved the way to leasing the first FWCM facility at 3821 Shopping Heights Lane in August, 1986. The second facility at 4011 Railroad Avenue was secured shortly thereafter in August 1991 to accommodate the growing membership. Again in response to the rapid and tremendous growth in membership, the third facility at 501 Harbor Court was leased. In April, 2002, as a result of the Highway 4 widening project, we vacated the Harbor Court location and began worshiping at the Boys and Girls Club of Pittsburg. After more than six years, we moved into our new and current facility on May 19, 2008.

The ministry continues to grow. There are more than 20 helps ministries in operation with a vision for even more. Members and friends of the ministry are prospering in all areas of their lives for those who attend the services as well as those who watch the weekly telecast Revelation Knowledge.

Blackman Home

Blackman Home

3821 Shopping Hgts Ln

3821 Shopping Hgts Ln

4011 Railroad Avenue

4011 Railroad Avenue

501 Harbor Court

501 Harbor Court

Land Purchase Harbor&Garcia Sts

Land Purchase Harbor&Garcia Sts

1001 Stoneman Ave

1001 Stoneman Ave

325 Cumberland St

325 Cumberland St

2170 Harbor St

2170 Harbor St